Well, it’s national breastfeeding month and while, I’m all about fed is best (trust me, breastfeeding was a MESS with Blake). I also thought I’d share some of the products I learned to love during my short and hard, breastfeeding journey with Blake and things I plan to use this time around as well. I’m crossing my fingers that things will go a little smoother this time, but ya know – I’m also not going to put a ton of pressure on myself either like I did with her. I think we so often forget to give ourselves grace and remember that we are doing our best and I’m trying really hard to go in with that mindset this time around.
Anyways – so let’s talk products. Everything linked below is from Walmart (HOLLAA). So they’re convenient, you can grab some in store and the rest online and most have two day shipping that I have chosen so it’s great all around. Plus, I really like shopping Walmart online because their selection has grown a ton. Okay, so linking products below + talked a little about each underneath the picture.
Shop everything here:
- Haakaa – My friend SWEARS by this and I’ve heard nothing but great things about it, so it was actually one of the first things I purchased. You wear it on the opposite side you’re nursing on and it catches all the let down rather than it just being soaked up in a nursing pad (or your shirt ;))
- Nursing/Car seat Cover – I am all about the versatility. These actually were just coming out when Blake was a baby and I fell in love, but didn’t get to use it very long so I’m excited to take advantage again. There’s TONS of color/pattern options too for this on Walmart!
- Therapy Packs – These were seriously LIFE SAVERS when I breastfed Blake. I was in so much pain a lot of the time because we had latch issues and these made the pain a heck of a lot more tolerable!
- Dr Brown Bottles – I loaded up on these again (the blue ones only) and am crossing my fingers he will love them like Blake did, but they’re great bottles!
- Medela Breast Pump – Again, used this with Blake and is the same one I am getting again through insurance, worked great the first time so excited to use it again, plus Walmart has a great deal on it with a gift card right now!
- Re-usable Nursing Pads – I like these because they’re efficient. I bought 4 boxes of them and would rotate through and wash them rather than having to toss them every time. I love that!
- Milk Storage Bags – Obviously a must if you’re pumping and storing and this pack is a good size for a decent price!
- Lanolin Cream – LOVE this so much, in fact I’ve already started using it because a lot of you said you recommended using it early to make things easier (so fingers crossed).
- Boppy Pillow – Great for letting baby sit up on when they’re learning + a life saver for breastfeeding, especially those first few weeks!