GUYS, IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR. I’m not going to lie either…it’s literally my favorite thing, I LOVE ORGANIZING ALL THE THINGS. Cleaning toilets? Now, that’s a different story. Nah. That’s not my favorite thing, though guilty pleasure…mopping floors and vacuuming, I know I’m sick, but I love that, it’s like therapeutic.
ANYWAYS, I thought it would be fun to share what’s on our spring cleaning schedule and what we are doing to organize things and life a little better. Every year I make a list of spring cleaning must do’s and I use a little check list system, so I made a cute free printable for you guys so you could download it and use it if you want 😉 So here’s that (click HERE to download it):
Now, on our’s this is what I’ve got:
- Clean out/organize the garage: this means, getting rid of crap. Not just throw it in a different bin, but the things that have sat out there for several months already (maybe even years) that you’ve never touched or used, toss it or donate it.
- Drawers + Junk Drawers: I am a firm believer in drawer organizers, but even with those you definitely collect crap over time, sooo it’s nice to refresh, go through it and get rid of the things that have collected in there over the months.
- Caulk and paint: This means nail holes from past projects, scuffs on the wall whatever – clean em’ up!
- Toys: if you have kids, make it happen. We do this twice a year, once around this time and once right before Christmas. Go through allll the toys, donate a chunk of them and clean up the playroom!
- Organize under bathroom sinks: This seems to be the place for alll the crap to collect, so a good clean up and organizing under here is good for the soul.
- Go through clothes: Donate the old, clear up space and refold all the things because you know those drawers don’t stay nice…haha!
Now, let’s talk a few favorite cleaning products. First, I live and swear by Bona. I’ve used them for years and my Dad was a flooring contractor for 40 years and swore by them so it’s kind of been engrained in my brain. HA! We have their Bona premium spray mop and then the microfiber dusting pad and microfiber cleaning pad. Here’s a few reasons why I’m obsessed with all of it. One, you can literally pop the microfiber in the washer, so you’re not constantly throwing away and having to buy a new one. It’s so convenient and practical. Secondly, my floors have never been cleaner, swear. The cleaning pad is awesome and has a unique design so it’s able to break up the dust and dirt and then trap it in there! It gives such a good clean and the microfiber dusting pad is so great for a quick, dry clean too, just to get the dust off, allergens, pet hair, or well, tiny chalk footprints by the back door 😉 Now that I have experience with that or anything….HA! I’m going to link to all three products below so y’all can purchase!
Now, share what’s on your spring cleaning list this year! I love new ideas! Also a peek at some drawer organization and how to organize things below for you guys to see! I swear by bins, baskets, labels and basically everything should have a place. HA! Basically I’m sickly obsessed with organizing.