HAPPY FREAKING SATURDAY first off. Let’s just all give ourselves a big ol’ pat on the back that we made it to this fine Saturday morning, not to mention a holiday weekend. 😉 Three days to chill or if you’re like me, try and fit in even more than you already do into one weekend. Seriously, so guilty of committing. I’m a people pleaser, it’s a work in progress, but all will be fine so it’s great. I shared on insta-stories that I was trying out a new exfoliator, the Neutrogena Grapefruit one to be exact and I wanted to give y’all some feedback and then of course my best tips and tricks for exfoliating because y’all know I’m all about that Tinkle Razor life.
SO let’s chat, first some tips that work really well for me when I exfoliate:
- Clean skin, sounds weird, but I always wipe my make up off with either a make up remover wipe or just my everyday cleanser. I actually use the Neutrogena Grapefruit Cleansing wipes to remove my eye make up and kind of that top layer of make up and then I clean with my normal face wash. I’ve done this forever, which is why I wanted to try their exfoliator. ANYWAYS, clean your face, that’s what I’m trying to say 😉
- Don’t over rub, I realized when I first really started to exfoliate that I would scrub a little too hard and it REALLY irritated my skin, so now I literally just clean as normal and it works well.
- Stay on top of exfoliating – you have to find the schedule that works well for you. For my skin if I over exfoliate I have found I break out more, so I exfoliate about every 2 weeks, so find your “perfect” regimen, which might take some trial and error!
- Tinkle Razor after you use a wash with a scrub in it – seriously my go to, if y’all have followed me for awhile, you know I swear by these bad boys.
- Follow up with a hot towel on your face, then a splash of cold water and finalize with your moisturizer!
Thoughts on the Neutrogena Grapefruit Scrub:
First, again, I’ve used their cleansing wipes forever. Switched to them probably about 6 months ago and really like them to mainly get my eye make up off, then that first layer of make up. Then I cleanse my face as usual with my face wash. SO since I liked those and was looking for a new exfoliator I thought, let’s give this one a try! Today was my first go at it, in fact we kind of made a girl’s morning of it and it was adorable and so fun. BUT first thoughts, I’m a fan. It’s not over powering, it smells literally incredible and it really left my skin feeling smooth and a lot brighter looking than it was. It especially did a great job really kind of lifting up the hard to reach and tough, dead skin I had on my face so that I could come in with my Tinkle Razor and do my every other week routine. SO moral of the story, so far, so good. We will see how my skin looks in a couple days and I’ll report back even more. BUT I do like how well my make up went on this morning and how bright my skin looks, because #MomLife.
Also, if you weren’t aware, for every 2 Neutrogena skincare products you purchase at Rite Aid (has to be Rite Aid either in store or online, here), they donate $5 to Susan G. Komen to help fight breast cancer, which I love. I really love products and companies that put an effort forth to doing good and helping the community so this was just a big win for me.
Now, let’s talk quickly the Tinkle Razor for a second, as far as tips because I do think it’s an important step to exfoliating:
- Pull the skin tight when you’re doing it and go in the direction that your hair grows, not against it.
- One layer is plenty!
- I do it again, every two weeks
- For me – I haven’t noticed an increase in hair growth since doing it and I’ve done it for over a year
- Make up application is SO much smoother after doing the exfoliation with the cleanser above and this!