Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Albertsons. All opinions and statements are my
own, as always.
I told y’all I was going to be better about sharing recipes, especially this one that I gave you a peek of on Insta stories last week. It’s so easy and seriously delicious. It’s a crockpot Greek yogurt chicken recipe and with a lot of ingredients that honestly you probably wouldn’t typically think were ideal for well, chicken – but they actually make a tasty meal. So I mean I could sit here and tell you how good it tastes but it’s really just not going to do it justice until you dive in and make it yourself. So I’ll share the recipe – however I will say this really quick before I dive in full mode chef Jess 😉 The Greek yogurt makes the chicken so friggin’ tender and just (gosh dang do I say the word, literally hate this word) moist it’s unlike any other chicken I’ve had before in the crockpot. Okay and I’m done talking now that I just used that word. *Bleh*
So here’s what you’re going to need:
It’s super nice because I used the majority of Open Nature® items that I find in my area at my local Albertsons and then a few random spices and things that I already had at home. So it’s a really easy recipe! I buy my Open Nature products in my area at Albertsons, and you can also find them exclusively at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit Albertsons.com to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
● Open Nature Chicken Breasts (2-4 depending on your party size)
● 1 ½ Cup Open Nature Plain Greek Yogurt
● 1 TSP Open Nature Creamer
● 1 ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
● Small spoonful (to taste) of Minced Garlic
● Open Nature Entertaining Crackers
● Onion Powder
- I throw mine in my crockpot, but honestly you could put it in an insta pot or Dutch oven as well and just adjust. For the crockpot I cook it on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Depending on how much time I have and when I start it.
- Start with the chicken breasts, lay them in the bottom of the crockpot, then slowly start layering on top. First spread the greekGreek yogurt over the top of the chicken. It should be a thick layer as pictured.
- Next, splash a TSP of the Open Nature Creamer inside, then garlic, onion powder and finish with the Parmesan cheese!
- Let it cook and figure out what side you’re going to add. Maybe a good salad, rice? You can never go wrong with either.\
- Once it’s tender and pulling apart, you’ll top it with the entertaining crackers to give it some crunch! Just crumble them over the top and serve!
I hope y’all love it as much as we did! At first I was nervous to tell Marcus what was in it (because pickiest eater ever), but even he loves it so that’s when you know it’s a huge win.
Y’all know I try to live a clean lifestyle. So I love using the Open Nature products because they are dedicated to just that. Their meat is USDA defined, it’s all GMO free and free from 110 artificial/chemical ingredients AND they have a wide variety of products (400+) across their entire Albertsons store from household to food. It’s also totally affordable which is huge for me because while I want to live a clean lifestyle, I am also on a budget!
Now, get your cook on and let me know how y’all like it! Seriously I want to hear so report back!