I have been trying to spend some one on one time with Blake once a week. I feel like our lives are just go, go, go and chaotic that it’s nice to just have time to us. I put my phone away and focus on just her. It’s actually worked out recently because Marcus teaches night school a couple days a week so we take one of those nights and make it into a girl’s night. Well, I thought it would be fun to share a few of our favorite dates with y’all! I actually have been asked recently what kind of things we do since I’ve been sharing it on insta-stories, so I figured it was easiest to throw them in a blog post.
And now, let’s get all nerdy and I’ll number them for you and you can just skim through em’ 😉
- Toy Store Date – This is actually my favorite thing and you don’t even have to buy anything. Though not gonna lie, I usually get her something small. I love doing this though because it’s like time freezes and I just let her roam, look at the toys, play with some and then pick out something small. It’s funny too because I swear when we go in just chill, not in a rush and just with the mentality that it’s for fun and she gets one small thing – we usually are meltdown free and it’s just fun.
- Ice Cream – Obviously this one is a big win in my book 😉 We love doing this or acai bowls!
- Park Date – Now, I just need the weather to warm up for this but we love going to the park! I love just watching her be a kid and not really worrying about a to do list or what needs to happen next.
- Movie and Popcorn – this one can happen at home and at the theater. I love doing both! We actually are looking into getting the movie pass, so we might be makin’ theater dates happen more often 😉 Anyone have that? Thoughts?
- Target – I mean, need I say more? Target, is friggin’ Target and when you add in Starbucks and a cake pop, it’s basically the best date ever.
- Dinner – This is an obvious one, it doesn’t need to be anything fancy – in fact, Blake’s favorite dinner date is good ol’ Chick Fil A 😉 HA! But it’s just time together and that’s all that matters.
- Walks – This is actually something I am hoping to do daily, like every morning once the weather warms up. We did it last year in the mornings and I loved our walks together!
There are just a few things we love! The thing with dates though – is you have to go in with the right mind set. Clear out the to-do list, the worries, put your phone away and just focus on the then and now. Soak in every second with your babe and take it all in.