This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s Thanksgiving week which means your feed is about to be filled with all the food, shopping and family time from me. Sorry, not sorry. I thought, let’s kick it off with a really good recipe. One I can actually make (which means, it’s friggin’ easy) and a must have at the Thanksgiving table. Also, just a must have anywhere, all the time…becaues well — MASHED POTATOES PEOPLE.
Now, I even made you a video for this one, so if you don’t want to read the instructions — you can simply just watch them. You’re welcome for that. 😉 Either way, it’s so easy and I dare you to not try and eat it off the spoon, actually — take that challenge because I failed miserably when I made these yesterday.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 6-8 Yellow Potatoes (depending on size of potatoes)
- 1/2 Cup Horizon Organic Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Horizon Organic Sour Cream
- 1/2 Stick of salted butter
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Dash of salt
- Start by putting a large pot of water on the stove, on medium hit so it can begin to boil. Then begin peeling the skins off the potatoes.
- Once all skins are peeled off, put potatoes into the pot of water. Once at a boil, bring it down to a simmer and let sit for 20-30 minutes (or until soft). Turn over to 400 degrees while the potatoes boil.
- One they’re soft and easily mashable (is that a word? Is now.) – throw them in a mixer and mix on low to mash them up really well. Add in the sour cream, butter and milk.
- Once they have a whipped texture, move them over to a baking pan. Spray pan, then pour the entire contents into the pan and top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Remove and serve (AKA: Chow down).
**This will feed 3-5 people. Double up if you’re making for a large Thanksgiving dinner. 😉
Watch the video here:
I used Horizon Organic products in this recipe (and as many as I possibly can) because they just always taste rich and creamy. Seriously — just try it and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Plus, their stuff is made with real ingredients and they take details into account which is hard to find these days.
So tell me, what’s your go to Thanksgiving recipe!?
This post was sponsored by Horizon Organic.