As you know from yesterday’s post — I really LOVE back to school season. The shopping, the organization, all the things. I figured honestly, Blake is only two — but what better time to start introducing her to some fun little “educational” things! So I went out, and by went out I mean…I shopped online and got a few little fun things to make it happen. I’ve been really trying to set a few minutes aside each day to do some sort of learning. Obviously she’s still super young, but she’s like a little sponge and her memory is impeccable right now so I need to take full advantage. I was telling y’all about this on insta-stories the other day, you know because I just talk way too much over there and share way more than y’all probably care to hear. BUT I did have a lot of questions on what we got, so I figured I would do a little post and recap my top five items that I found and purchased for Blake.
So I found a brand called Learning Resources on Amazon and they by far had the best stuff, in my opinion. So definitely check them out, I included their Dino counting set and Acorn Alphabet, those are the two we use most for Blake. Then I found three more things on Amazon (because Amazon Prime is where it’s at!) that Blake loves and we use daily. So everything is true, tried and tested for you. 😉
Shop the items:
Details on each things:
- Dino Counting Eggs – That’s probably not the official name for them, but that’s what they are, so? HA! Anyways — they’re great because they are color matching, plus counting. SO there are a specific amount of dinosaurs for each egg color that corresponds with the number on the egg. SO example, the blue egg has 3 blue dinosaurs, so Blake will count three dinosaurs to put in that egg. It’s been so good and she loves to count each on into the egg!
- Acorn Alphabet – This is by far her favorite and I think it’s because of all the little trinkets it comes with, HA! Each acorn opens and has something in it that begins with the letter on that acorn, so the acorn with a “C” has a little baby car inside. Plus again — these ones are color coordinated as well, so the colors on the outside of the acorn match the little toy inside. She requests to play with this one on the daily.
- Magnetic Calendar – And…this one is my favorite because you know, the organized freak comes out in me…it’s fine. It’s actually been really fun to do every morning though. I keep it upstairs with her other toys just because otherwise she would play with it all night long and well, bed time is already a struggle people. BUT, every morning we run upstairs and I have her look outside and tell me if it’s sunny, cloudy, etc. Then I’ll tell her what day it is and obviously if it’s a holiday, we will dive into that. I keep it super simple. Honestly, she doesn’t even understand the “day” thing, but I figured I’ll just tell her. She loves telling me the weather though and then putting the right magnet on the board.
- Matching Game – So this is a super simple game and she just matches the cars together (front and back half). It’s a fun little game to do. They actually have these in the Target dollar section too, they’re not the same, but similar. However…they don’t last quite as well. I bought 3 from the dollar section and she had destroyed them in like 5 minutes so I bought a little bit of a better set. So if you don’t want to spend as much, hit the Target Dollar section because…welll…Target.
- Write & Learn Lap Board – So I actually got her this in the beginning because she always wanted “her” laptop while I was working and well…she didn’t have one. HA! So she actually uses this when I am working on my laptop and it’s pretty adorable to watch her want to be like Mama! BUT, it’s actually turned out to be really great for her to draw on. Now, she’s no baby genius, I mean…I think so but I’m that parent 😉 HA! so she draws squiggles and things that she tells me are Daddy and Poppy (Trolls) and well….they look like a blob, but ya know. We have started doing “circles” though and “rain” (just a bunch of tiny baby lines) and it’s been great!
Well there you have it. We will see how this goes…so far it’s been good and I have actually stuck to a game plan of doing this everyday, but don’t let me fool you. We barely make it through most days sooo this may very well turn into a hit or miss thing. BUT, we do love all the above items and I figured what better time than back to school to show you!
This post contains affiliate links.