This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior.
So Blake has a new obsession with the Puppy Dog Pals show on Disney Junior. I’m talkin’, she requests to watch it all day, everyday and I mean, who knows her birthday theme may change for a fourth time. *Eye roll* — I blame her indecisiveness on Marcus. Well, I thought it would be fun to do a little craft project with her and GUYS, she loves it — so hey, it turned out great.
She loves stickers, but always ruins them or sticks them to my dining room table and well, as much as I am a fan of my newly decorated table…I’m not. So I thought – hey! We should make one of those cute felt boards. It’s basically like stickers, but they come off and on as many times as you want AND THEY DON’T STICK TO MY DINING ROOM TABLE. Really, that latter one was the part that had me saying yes, let’s make this happen.
So we hit the craft store, she brought her cute little Puppy Dog Pals toy that she has and that’s when it clicked — let’s make it Puppy Dog Pals themed. Well Disney Junior has their new FRIYAY showings this summer airing on Disney Channel and on July 14th there’s a cute “Counting Sheep” episode coming out on Puppy Dog Pals, so I put two and two together and BOOM, there’s where the idea stemmed behind this little felt activity board. Really, you can do it with whatever “theme” you want or Disney Junior show, but here’s the deets on how we made it happen:
- Felt (in the colors of your choice–I actually let Blake pick out a lot of these and she loved being able to do so!)
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- 8X11 piece of cardboard
- Decorations for your “felt people”
- Start by hot gluing a piece of felt to the front and back of your cardboard. I recommend doing both sides because this way they have two different “scenes” to play on!
- Next, while that is drying and setting, start making all your fun felt people! I actually cheated a little bit on this one and the reason why is because, she is so obsessed with Puppy Dog Pals that I don’t dare try and “make my own pup” out of felt. So we printed off the pups on cardstock and then hot glued felt to the back of them so that they would stick. Then we cut out little bones and other fun “props” for the board.
- Create a scene on the cardboard part. This was actually where I had the most fun (it’s fine, I said it), but it was fun to make a little city and outdoor scene out of felt for her to play with her little friends on! Make sure you hot glue all of this down because you don’t want it to come off OR if you want it to be removable, just cut it out and then they can use to play as well!
- Make a pocket — so on the opposite side of our felt activity board, I actually kept the top of the grass open, this way she could stick all of her pups in there so we don’t lose them!
There you have it! I love this because you can be totally as creative as you want with it. We take it to church, on car rides and wherever I need her to just be well, occupied, for a little while! She loves it and plays with it forever, so it’s a win all around.
Make sure you tune in on Fridays with your babe and watch the Disney Junior FRiYAY shows, airing on Disney Channel! We make a whole thing out of it with Mickey waffles and snuggle time. It’s actually been really fun, especially during the summer, to just slow down for a bit on Fridays and kick back and relax!