This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’m not really your go to recipe kind of girl, in fact in most cases I probably wouldn’t ask me for really any kitchen advice unless you want to know how to dip cookies in milk. However, there’s a few recipes that I have DOWN and I am really excited to share one with y’all. I make it often (because well, it’s about the only thing I am good at cooking) and we all love it. Homemade mac and cheese! It’s like ooey-gooey deliciousness and seriously my favorite thing. I’m craving it now that I’m talking about it, so…that’s great. I might be running downstairs and making it. Thanks guys, thanks. It also only takes about 10 minutes to prep and the rest is in the oven (for 15 minutes) so it’s super easy and FAST, which I’m all about. In fact, I think really every Mama is about that.
Anyways, let’s do this thing. Here’s what you’re going to need:
- ⅓ Cup Horizon Organic Fat free milk
- Elbow Noodles
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Italian Mix Cheese
- ½ cube Salted Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cook elbow noodles as normal on stove top. Follow directions on back of noodle bag if needed.
- Once noodles are soft, drain water and turn over to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan or glass pan (I prefer glass) with non-stick spray, then start with a small layer of elbow noodles on the bottom.
- Slice ½ cube of butter into thin slices to use throughout the layers. Place 2-3 slices on top of first layer of noodles, then sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Add another layer of noodles and repeat step 4.
- Repeat step 4 and 5 until all noodles are gone and the pan is full.
- Add a dash of garlic powder, onion powder and salt to the top.
- Finally, pour in ⅓ cup of Horizon Organic milk and let is settle at the bottom. Then place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it has a golden crisp to it, take it out, let cool and then dig in!
This is seriously a go to recipe for our family like I said and it’s so good. Also, with a glass of Horizon Organic milk — it’s even better. We recently made the switch to Horizon Organic for our whole family and it’s been good. I am always looking for new, healthy products for my family and I and this one is a new must. Especially for little Blake. It sits well with her tummy and we’ve seen a huge difference since she started drinking it!
What’s your family go to recipe?!