I’m not sure what it is this spring, if there’s something in the air or what — but I all of a sudden have this itch to clean and organize everything. We organized our entire garage last week and I feel like a new person, now for the inside of my house because well…we all know it could use a little help. 😉
I’ve actually been asked a few times to share cleaning tips and tricks, but since I am just not the best at keeping my own house clean I feel a little silly. However, that being said I have found a few things that work for me, my busy lifestyle and products I love so I figured that’s relatable and in fact, that’s the best thing to share because well, we’re all BUSY Moms! So let’s chat.
Getting me to clean isn’t the hard part, it’s finding the time. I actually really enjoy cleaning, it’s almost therapeutic in a way. The only thing I’m not a fan of cleaning is well, the laundry. I HATE doing laundry and I feel like it’s just a never ending task, especially with a two year old who likes to change 15 times a day and spill something on every shirt. Anyways, I’ve figured out a system that works for me and keeps me sane! So here’s my 5 cleaning hacks:
- Make a schedule. This has honestly been game changing for me. I literally write it on my calendar people. So mine goes something like this:
- Save the deep cleaning for when you have help. This is key for Mamas, unless it’s nap time — have at it! Yes, our little babes are the cutest little helpers, but you’re going to be way more efficient when they’re not pulling at your leg and helping you “sweep”. This is why I do my deep cleaning on Saturdays, when Marcus is home!
- Stay on top of laundry. Yes, I know — you’ve heard this before, but this is why I put it in my calendar, otherwise before I know it I am doing 15 loads on a Saturday and it’s piled mount everest high! Make sure you fold it and put it away that day too 😉
- Make a list of what needs to be done on deep cleaning day. I am a firm believer in “to-do” lists. So every Friday night while I lay in bed, I open my “note” app and make a list of everything that I need to deep clean the next day, whether that’s soaking the washing machine with Lemi Shine or cleaning out our dishwasher, because well otherwise it gets stinky — it all goes on the list and I check it off as I do them. There’s just something that feels so good about checking things off of your to do list 😉
- Use Lemi Shine products! I mean this with all my heart, I LOVE their products. I used them long before I ever did collaborations with them. They’re game changing, they smell good and I feel comfortable with them around my babe and pups!
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE LEMI SHINE PRODUCTS:
- Washing Machine Cleaner: Guys, this is seriously the bomb.com — I use it about once a month in our washing machine and it makes a huge difference with the way my clothes get clean and the smell that comes from my washer 😉
- Concentrated Dish Soap: I love this product for quick rinses on dishes that can’t go in the dishwasher. Talk to Marcus about this though because he’s friggin’ obsessed. I kid you not when he saw this on the counter he was like giddy with excitement, ha!
- Dish Detergent Booster: We started using this back when we were both in college, it gets our dishes actually clean and keeps our glasses shiny!! It’s a dishwasher game changer.
- Dishwashing Detergent: This is all we’ve used in our dishwasher for years, paired with the booster you’ll never ever go back to whatever you were using before, pinky promise.
Check out all the deets and products from Lemi Shine, here. Plus they have new packaging and it’s really friggin’ cute because cuteness matters people, cuteness matters.
Also, can we just look at those pictures above one more time? I’m literally framing all of them. Blake started splashing while doing dishes and it’s the cutest real life moment caught on camera, I’m obsessed.
Thanks to Lemi Shine for sponsoring this post!