I’m all about five minute hairstyles, especially ones that look like you spent well, a little more than five minutes on it 😉 So today I’m sharing all the deets on one of my favorites. It’s a simple rope braid into a swirl of knots. I know that sounds complicated, but I promise it’s way easier than it sounds. So let’s dive in! Then at the end, make sure to check out the product I recommend for this style.
- Start by parting your hair down the middle and rope braiding on that first side. You’re only going to pull hair into the braid until about your ear, then ‘free’ rope braid down to the end of the hair. If you’re not familiar with rope braiding, I recommend this tutorial, here.
2. Continue down until you have about an inch of hair left, then place a bobby pin in just to hold it into place until you’re ready to use that braid again.
3. Continue steps 1 and 2 on the opposite side now.
4. Grab both braid strands, pull around to the back and then rubber band together.
5. Take the hair you just put in a ponytail and literally, tie it into a (loose) knot,. Tuck the tail underneath, then bobby pin to stay in place.
6. Take a 2″ section underneath your first knot, then split it down the middle into two smaller sections. Clip the left section off and start with the right. Take that small right section, tie it in a knot again, tuck the tail and bobby pin to hold.
7. Repeat the same knotting technique on the last, left section, bobby pin and hairspray. I recommend pulling them out just a little bit to give them a looser look, then texture spraying them to make them a little messier.
Photos by Chantel Cherie Photography
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND TO ACHIEVE THIS STYLE:
This post may contain affiliate links.