1. Start by parting off the section of hair on your correct part side. I recommend clipping back the rest of your hair so you have a clean part and don’t accidentally grab it.
2. Once you have the section, spray with texturizing spray and hairspray (this will help with the messy look). Then start the braid, I would do an inside out (or dutch) braid. You can see that tutorial, here.
3. Continue braiding until you have about 3-4 inches left, then rubber band.
4. Spray with texturizing spray.
5. Pull braid loose, giving it a messy, care free look.
6. Wrap half way around crown, then pin with a bobby pin inward towards the braid so that the pin doesn’t show.
7. Finish with a few sprays of hairspray and then party!
Photos by Chantel Cherie Photography
The best tools + product for this look…
This post may contain affiliate links.