Since we’ve been trapped indoors because of this snow for what feels like weeks, I’ve been watching a lot more TV than I care to admit. If I’m being totally honest, I legit don’t ever have time to watch TV, but when I do it’s generally in the evening with the hubbs, after little miss has gone down for the night. Other than that let’s be real, Blake controls the TV and she prefers Daniel Tiger and Doc McStuffins…
Well, since I haven’t been able to leave the house this weekend, we’ve found some new favorite shows (meaning the husband and I, don’t worry I’m not about to list a bunch of kid’s shows–no matter how many times I catch myself watching Sophia the First) and I figured I would list em’ out for you! Because well, whether (I almost wrote weather just to be punny) we like it or not I have a feeling we are going to be inside a lot more this winter. Plus, snuggle time at night is what I look forward to most with the husband! So grab some popcorn, a cuddly blanket and let’s do this. A majority of these shows are on TV now or available on Netflix!
In no particular order (and I won’t go too much in detail on each at risk of ruining the show).
- THIS IS US – This is Us is the cutest show about a family with triplets. It’s a feel good show and sure to make you cry, so have tissues. | On NBC Tuesday at 9pt
- THE BACHELOR – There I said it. And YES, my husband watches with me. | on ABC Mondays at 8/7c (past season on Hulu)
- NEW GIRL – This is a shorter show, but the best. Zoe Deschanel is in it and it’s pretty cute/funny. Plus we watched all five seasons in like two days, so there’s that. | On Fox Tuesdays at 8/7c (past seasons on Netflix)
- GOOD BEHAVIOR – A women gets out of prison on good behavior and does everything she can to get her son back. This one is twisted and dramatic and I’m kind of addicted. | On TNT Tuesdays at 9/8c
- SPEECHLESS – It’s about a family with a special needs child and how they deal with challenges that come their way. It’s lighthearted and pretty funny. | On ABC Wednesdays 8:30/7:30 c
- THE ROYALS – Laugh all you want, but yes, we’re basically teenagers again and love this show. It’s totally dramatic and about England royalty today and well, you can’t stop watching once you’ve seen the first episode. | On E Sundays at 10est
- THE GOOD PLACE – After her death, Eleanor is accidentally sent to the good place instead of the bad place. This is a short 30 minute show and was new this fall. | On NBC Thursdays 8:30/7:30c
- BROOKLYN 99 – A comedy, staged in Brooklyn where Andy Sandberg is a NYPD detective attempting to solve crimes. It’s a good, quick TV fix and pretty funny. | Returns this spring, can watch past episodes online or on Netflix
- LIFE IN PIECES – This show, shows an extended family and their hilarious adventures as they grow. It’s totally a real life scenario for us parents and completely relatable on many levels. | On CBS Thursdays at 9:30/8:30c
- GRAY’S ANATOMY – I mean, if you don’t know what Gray’s is about you’ve been living under a rock. 😉 | Returns January 19th on ABC Thursdays 8/7c, past episodes on Netflix
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER – A defense attorney/professor gets involved with her students in a murder and it takes tons of turns from there. This is one of those shows that leaves you hanging every episode and you totally can’t stop watching. | Returns January 19th on ABC Thursdays 10/9c, past episodes on Netflix
- HART OF DIXIE – A young doctor from the city inherits a medical practice from the Father she never met, in Alabama. The show is about her journey in this small town and totally cute. In fact I watched it and literally wanted there to be a Bluebell, Alabama so I could move there. | All seasons available on Netflix
- THE OC – Totally dramatic, with a twist of romance and will bring you back to your teenage years. However, you’ll be hooked, want to quit your job just to finish the show in three days and attempt to find the money to have your own pool house. | A little harder to find, but it’s worth it — grab DVDs on Amazon, here.
- BABY DADDY – A Guy living the bachelor life, finds out he’s a Dad when the Mom leaves the baby on his doorstep with a note. This show has a twist of funny, drama and romance. | Watch episodes online on Freeform
- GOSSIP GIRL – Basically the OC, just in New York….but I would say this one is better because Blake Lively is in it and well, ya know–named my kid after her 😉 | Entire series available on Netflix
What did we miss? Seriously, tell me in the comments because well–we all know I need more shows. 😉 HA!
This post may contain affiliate links.