So funny (and totally true) story, when I was a in first grade we had someone come to the school to give everyone eye and hearing exams. I could see just fine, literally no problems–but I wanted glasses SO badly, like so badly. I just thought they were so cool. So…what did I do you ask? I “failed” the eye exam, miserably. When I saw an “A” I said, it was an “E”–you know…lied. That’s fine. Clearly I am a really great role model of a Mother. 😉 HA! Then I got to go pick out glasses though and I was in HEAVEN. I got the “coolest” shade of nude/pink, huge rimmed glasses. I was friggin’ stoked, like so stoked. Finally, the day was here and well, I got to go and pick my new glasses up! I had literally counted down the days. I tried to play it off cool because I mean, I couldn’t let my Mom know I actually wanted glasses–but I was so excited. We arrived at the eye doctor’s office, I marched myself right inside (with the most confident walk ever, might I add) and I grabbed my white plastic butterfly case and pulled those glasses out faster than you could say “hi” and put those bad boys on! Well…..there was a problem. Like a really big problem. Y’all–I couldn’t friggin’ see. Like, I had faked my eyesight so badly that these were some heavy duty prescription and well-I could, not, see.
So yeah, I was that kid. I ended up having to fess up and well…ya know…all of that, but I still have those nude/pink glasses and they’re the bomb.com y’all. They look like your 90 year old Grandmother’s glasses that she wears with curlers in her hair and a nightgown. That’s how good they were. If they weren’t in a box somewhere I would have included a picture–but they are, buried in a box, far, far away. 😉
Guess what though guys?!
Today, I went to LensCrafters and I didn’t pretend things were blurry, I just did my thing. 😉 HA! Though side note, when I drive at night and watch TV I have had really blurry vision since having Blake…sooo there’s that. Well guess what?! I NEED glasses. NEED, not want, NEED. So BOOM. The exam went really great, I mean LensCrafters provides the highest standards in eye care, eye wear, and service, so we couldn’t go wrong there. We did the whole thing, you know–where the blow air in your eyes, you look at a little house and then you read all the letters on the board. It was fantastic. Blake threw only one fit, so we called that a success and then the Doctor helped find me the perfect prescription. I don’t think I realized that my eyes were actually pretty bad until he showed me the world with glasses. Like, HOLY COW, things are so friggin’ clear!!! LensCrafters is the leader in vision care Technology so that ensures you always see best and lemme tell you, things are clear and I feel like I can see all the things now. It’s pretty spectacular.
Well, after Blake’s one (and like I said, only) meltdown the fun part began. I got to choose glasses! I say fun, but it was actually really difficult–which is why I am writing this post. I had the hardest time deciding which glasses to choose. I literally tried on a good 50 pairs, no joke. My poor photographer was probably like can you please speed things up? I would like to get home sometime today. 😉 Come on guys, I didn’t make her stay the whole time!! Finally I picked the best pair of glasses and checked out and well–t-minus 10 days y’all and they’ll be here! For now though, let’s talk my tips and tricks to picking the perfect pair of glasses because it might sound silly, but I felt like it was a little overwhelming. SO let’s make the process easier and smoother for all of us.
- Find the right shape for your face and stick with that. There’s a general guide right here on the LensCrafters site.
- Once you have the shape down, pick a color you want to stick with and whether you want them to be completely solid or have a design on the sides or what. For instance, I wanted black and only black without designs, so I stuck with only black frames.
- If you have a price range it’s important to note that now before you fall in love with a pair you can’t afford.
- Keeping the price in mind, pick your top five favorite pairs. I would recommend picking three similar ones and then throwing in a couple different ones in the shape recommended for your face shape, but different from your other three–this way you have variety.
- Try those bad boys on and narrow it down to your top two favorites. Then make the final decision.
- Add on the extra glare shield because it will make a world of difference!
- Don’t be afraid to step a little out of your comfort zone and don’t forget, you can continue to try more on if you don’t fall in love the first time!
- Pay for the extra protection, especially if you have pets or little ones that like to “bend” (aka: break) your glasses. 😉 You’ll thank me later!
A big thanks to LensCrafters for sponsoring this post!