We are HOME! It was such a fun trip visiting the Phoenix area, but it feels good to be home and in our own bed. I have had a ton of questions about the places we went, where we ate and the fun things to do for kids. So I figured a blog post was the best way to tell y’all 😉 Plus–it’s a great post to share some of my favorite pictures from our visit.
Best Kid Friendly Activities
1. Ody-Sea Aquarium – Y’all this was our number one, favorite activity we did! It’s a pretty new aquarium and it was honestly, so fun. It’s worth every penny in my opinion and took us about two and a half hours to go through it all (and we didn’t even do everything offered). SO plan on it being a long trip. They have tons of different fish, sharks, turtles, you name it! There is a ‘carousel’ theater that you sit in and it spins into different rooms, I highly recommend doing that! Blake loved it as well, so it’s definitely baby/toddler friendly as well.
2. Butterfly Wonderland – We bought these tickets with our aquarium ones because they’re right next to each other and you get them discounted if you buy them together. 😉 I recommend doing that. This was a blast and Blake LOVED it. They have a greenhouse that’s huge and full of thousands of butterflies flying around. They’ll land on you, flutter by and are absolutely beautiful.
3. The Children’s Museum – We were lucky enough to get tickets to this from them and y’all it was the perfect place for a 15 month old and older kids! There was the perfect mix of younger and older kid activities and plenty to do. Honestly you could probably spend hours there, but we had a flight to catch so we were only there about an hour and a half. They have a play grocery store, kitchens, play gym, outside area, sand play areas, even more play set ups and the best part an entire room dedicated to those younger babes (AKA: Blake). She spent the majority of her time in there and kept busy the entire time with building blocks, dolls, a slide, you name it.
4. Enchanted Island – This one was fun and I recommend doing it in the morning if you go! The reason why is because one, it’s hot, but two, we were the only ones there for about 30 minutes. This is a mini amusement park made specifically for little ones. Blake got to ride a couple rides by herself and the rest we just had to go on with her. It was perfect.
5. Desert Botanical Gardens – It was about three hours past Blake’s nap time when we attended this one, so we weren’t there long, but it was gorgeous. Talk about succulents everywhere and gorgeous scenery. Seriously, I wish we could have stayed at this one longer — it’s on our to do list first thing next time we go to Phoenix!
6. LDS Temples – Even if you’re not LDS I really recommend looking at these and just walking around the grounds. We went to both Mesa and Tempe and they were both breathtaking and gorgeous. Blake ran around, we looked at the flowers, ponds, waterfalls and all had so much fun. It was the perfect quiet family activity and it’s free. 😉
Must Have Family Friendly Food
1. Barro’s Pizza – My husband served his mission in Arizona and swore by this place, so we went there the first night! It did not disappoint folks! It’s delicious and totally family friendly. They have salad, pizza, pasta and all sorts of goodies.
2. Bahama Bucks – If you like snow cones, you’ll like this place! There are a few locations and they’re SO good. They also have smoothies which are equally as delicious. Here’s what makes their snow cones different, they put ice cream and cream in them and trust me, you’ll never want a regular snow cone again.
3. Barrio Queen – If you love Mexican food, you’ll love this place. They make the guacamole in front of you and their street tacos are the best tacos I’ve ever had.
4. Little Miss BBQ – All I’ll say about this place is, make this a priority and eat there. It’s so good.
Now…all the pictures because well, I have to document them somewhere. 😉