Laundry is probably my least favorite chore to do, in fact I REALLY hate it. I don’t mind the washing part, that’s easy–it’s the putting all the clothes away part that really drives me crazy. Usually they’ll end up in a basket, in our room for days and days at a time and we just fish clothes out as we need them. Then I look at our room, hate how messy it is and stress myself out because it’s such a disaster. It’s been an ongoing problem for years and years. BUT, when we moved I decided I was going to make my laundry room my little “sanctuary”, it was going to be a room I enjoyed being in and I wasn’t going to figure out how to necessarily “enjoy” laundry, but learn how to NOT procrastinate it. I learned a few tips and tricks to the trade and honestly now when I do laundry I kind of do enjoy it….(shh…don’t tell anyone)! So today I’ve teamed up with GE and am so excited to share these little tips I’ve learned to not letting that laundry pile up in your bedroom 😉 ! Here they are:
1. Make your laundry room space inviting. I know that sounds totally lame–but I mean it! Decorate it cute, use bright/light colors and create a space that you don’t mind being in.
2. A washer and dryer can make all the difference. I have the GE Washer with Smart Dispense and Aluminized Alloy Dryer and LOVE them. Seriously, a washer and dryer are worth investing in because they can make this whole process a heck of a lot less frustrating..plus they’re smart and energy efficient meaning they save you money and that’s a win y’all!
3. Set alarms. I tend to forget I have even started laundry. I go from throwing a load in the washer to oh my gosh it’s midnight and time for bed…so then I have to rewash the load the next day and well, that’s a waste. So set alarms! Most washers tell you how long they’re washing for–set your alarm accordingly so that you can stay on top of it.
4. Dance it out. Dancing while doing/folding laundry for some reason just makes it a heck of a lot more fun for everyone.
5. Hanging clothes? WATCH THIS (it’s literally game changing):
6. Just get it done, you’ll feel SO much better afterwards. Pinky promise!
Now a quick look into my laundry room..
Shop the full room below:
Photos by Angela Minnick Photography.
This post was sponsored by GE.