I get tons and tons of questions about picture taking. What I use? How I do it, etc. I talked about my DSLR, here, a couple of months ago, but today I’m going to chat about my iPhone. I’ll cover how I capture great photos with my phone and what apps I use to make everything happen!
TAKING THE PHOTO
First things first, the picture itself. One thing I’ve learned (especially with babies) is timing is everything. Since obviously we’re not going to get the perfect shot on the first try my motto is SNAP AWAY. Literally take a million and one pictures. I sometimes have over 100 of the same picture because I’m just trying to get one of my fussy baby to smile 😉 ha!
Also, when taking a picture there are always three simple rules I try to follow:
1. Lighting- Make sure your lighting is GOOD, especially on your iPhone because it will look really grainy if not.
2. The rule of thirds- if you don’t know this rule read about it, here.
3. Candid is always best- I love a good smiling picture of Blake looking at the camera, but my FAVORITE photos of her are where she’s playing or just doing her own thing. They’re real and they’re adorable. Don’t stress too much about making them perfect, roll with the situation!
Since you just took 400 pictures your memory is probably really pushing the full side now…I use the Purrge App to quickly delete photos! It’s fabulous because you just slide your finger right over a row and it selects them all to delete rather than picking each one individually. So go through each of them, pick your favs and delete the rest! I highly recommend the Purrge app, seriously it’s game changing. Literally, go download it. It works on both your iPhone and iPad
I use a couple of different editing programs. One to really sharpen, crop, brighten and straighten my image and the other to add a good filter to it because I LOVE bright photos! The two main ones I use are:
1. Snapseed- to sharpen, crop, brighten a little and straighten my image. I love STRAIGHT pictures, like a brick wall behind me–you best believe those lines will be straight, ha! I also love crisp photos so I will always sharpen them up a little. This app is great to brighten certain areas as well because there’s a select function on it.
2. A Color Story- this is a new app and I’m HOOKED. It’s probably my favorite photo editing app to ever hit the market. It brightens the heck out of your photo (with several filter options) but leaves your skin looking like skin (and not super ghostly washed out skin) and pops the rest of the colors in the image!
Finally, post and enjoy!
Oh and another great, cute way to store your phone images is with Chatbooks!
This post was sponsored by Purrge by AppJester.