In case you couldn’t tell, we’re totally obsessed with picture taking in this family. And by “we’re” I mean me. I’m totally obsessed with picture taking. Seriously though, I love photography in general, but with blogging full time it’s on entirely different level and I get to do it all day, all the time! It’s my favorite.
Well I’ve had lots of y’all ask me for tips and tricks for quick home photography, etc. So today I’m going to share my top four tips to making any picture look good! PLUS, at the end I’m sharing 2 of my favorite ways to store memories in my home with Preservation and Creation and a product that’s perfect for little ones while keeping memories!
THE PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS:
1. Baby on the move? Or really anyone on the move, toddler, husband, friend, you name it–the reality is, it makes it a little more difficult to grab a great picture. Well here’s my biggest trick, TAKE A MILLION PICTURES. Seriously, don’t hold back–you can delete later. This sounds silly, but I literally sometimes take 100 pictures to get ONE good one. Also, if you’re using a DSLR, speed up your shutter speed, then you’re sure to catch the 2 seconds of smiles your little gives you!
2. Get up close and personal. These are my favorite types of pictures. If you’re on an iPhone, it blurs the background automatically and if you’re using a DSLR I suggest a 50 mm f/1.8 lens to really get the best effect. Anyways, I love these pictures because they look clean, crisp and capture all the little details of the person or product you’re photographing. Here’s an example:
3. Do you know the thirds rule? If not, read all about it, here. AND, use it!! Especially with those up close and personal pictures!
4. Edit. Edit. Edit. It’s so rare that you grab the perfect picture, ready to post or hang on the wall without ANY editing. Editing is game changing. My favorite iPhone apps are: Snapseed (with the bright and white pack) and VSCO. And my favorite computer program is Lightroom by Adobe. You’ll have to YouTube tutorials for Lightroom most likely, but in the end you’ll be so thankful you did! AND always brighten pictures up. Some may disagree, but I’m all about bright pictures! It gives them a little more life and umph!
Now, let’s chat memory keeping because really this is the best part about those beautiful pictures! I love hanging pictures in our house. Seriously every time I’ve gone over to look at the progress on our house being built I’m picturing where I can hang up all of our pictures! Here’s two of my favorite ways to keep these memories alive and up in our home for everyone to see!
1. Square Prints. Preservation and Creation turns your prints into gorgeous square prints. Plus they have a journal option, where you can write a little caption underneath. They’re my favorite! You can store them in several different ways, but a couple of my favorites are with their wood block holder and on a cord with cloths pins. I plan to hang some of ours on a cord with cloths pins when we’re in the new house!
Oh and my all time favorite part of these–They’re PERFECT for your littles. Blake loves to hold them and look at them. They’re like mini flash cards and you can write memories of each pictures directly on there with the journal option! Plus, let’s be real I could just watch her play and talk to them to them ALL day! *All the heart eyes*
2. Canvas prints. Literally, gimme ALLLLLLL the canvas prints. I swear by these! Again… Preservation and Creation turns your photographs into gorgeous canvas prints! I’ve order quite a few from them recently and can’t wait to put them up! I’ve got one for above our bed and a set of 4 to make a little square in Blake’s room!
Here’s a few of my favorite ways to style canvas prints:
This post was sponsored by Preservation and Creation