Every month we hold a little segment that we call making Mom’s life easier. This is for both Moms and Dads and we try to do a little something to make a day easier for you! In March we had pre-made leprechaun boxes for the perfect visit from a leprechaun for St. Patrick’s day. Then in April, we had an entire list by age of the perfect Easter gifts with coupon codes! Now, May–I can’t believe it’s May. In fact May is almost over, it’s almost June! But this month we’ve put together a little list of our top favorite Parent Hacks! These are tips and tricks to make any task, day, etc. easier because let’s be honest, parent or not–we could all use a little break every once in awhile!
1. Layer Crib Bedding. This is a brilliant one and so perfect for babies! Put an extra sheet on their mattress, this will make it easy to pull off the dirty one after an accident and be ready to go. To really make it effective: put a mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad, sheet–that way it won’t soak through both sheets!
2. Basket of Toys. Keep a basket of your little’s favorite toys in the most common area of your house. This way you’re ready to go if you have a surprise guest or need to keep them occupied!
3. Keep a small trash bin in your car. You can buy these or make your own. Either way it keeps the trash in one central place rather than the floor, side compartments, etc. Then when it’s full it’s way easier to dump out than having to spend an afternoon cleaning!
4. Clean with Aluminum Foil. This is such a fabulous trick to getting pots and pans clean! Saved By Grace gives an awesome tutorial, here.
5. Cut up your food. This is such a time saver! Rather than cutting pizza, chicken, etc. up with a knife–use your kitchen scissors! It goes way faster and generally makes for an easier, less messy cut!
6. Stock up on gifts. Rather than stressing to get the perfect gift the day of a party–watch for good deals on gifts all year! When you’re at the store and see a good buy, grab it and have a little go to gift drawer at home. This will eliminate the stress of buying a gift the day of and make sure you’re always getting the best deal!
Well y’all, that’s what we’ve got for you this month on Making Moms’ Life Easier. I hope you enjoyed it and can put some of these tips to use! What are your favorite parent hacks that we didn’t list?! Make sure to tell us in the comments.
And don’t forget to share with your friends and family using the buttons below!
Happy Weekend y’all!