Fun fact – did you know that ⅔ of women KNOW they should wear an SPF but only ⅓ of women actually do so? So I’m actually somewhat of an SPF freak and the reason why is because skin cancer runs in my family. It’s actually pretty close to home, my Mom had melanoma. They were able to catch it early enough that they could surgically remove it all – but it was scary and honestly kind of a walk up call to well, TAKE CARE OF MY SKIN.
From that day forward, I’ve had somewhat of an obsession with skincare – between beauty products, skincare routines and everything related to well, my skin, I take precautions, study up, try new products and really make an effort to do what’s best for my skin. SO, I thought it would be a good post to share my game plan for this summer since I am switching gears a little bit.
- Keep up with my skincare routine – this is a must, all year really, but especially during the summer months. I’m currently perfecting my new routine, so I’ll share details of it soon – but this will keep in place, morning and night. However, I will share on product that is definitely makin’ the routine.
- Use Olay Total Effects Whips with SPF 25 – this product is incredible (the ultimate 7-in-1 multitasker for brighter, healthier skin). Y’all know I’m a big believer in Olay, so obviously they would make an incredible product with SPF, I mean they just really never cease to amaze me. What’s great about this product though (and I’ve been using it for a little while now testing it out, so I can attest to it), is it has Rush Technology which essentially holds and releases 1000X times its weight in hydration, while keeping up with the same great vitamins that Olay products typically have. Plus – SPF people and it’s in this Whips form meaning it’s not a greasy sunscreen you’re putting on your face.
- Wear hats – Typically during the summer you will find me in a hat and the reason why is because I just like to keep my face covered as much as possible just to decrease the risk of sun damage.
- Carry a backup in my bag – One thing I started doing last summer and will definitely continue this year is carrying sunscreen that both Blake and I can use and a moisturizer with SPF in my bag (AKA: the Olay Total Effects Whips). This way it’s easily accessible and ready when I need it, especially in a quick game change plan where it’s a spur of the moment park trip or somethin’!
- Be make up free – I am making myself a goal this year to go make up free at least 50% of the week this summer. Just to kind of keep that fresh summer look and give my skin a much-needed cleanse!
You can check out the Olay Total Effects Whips and their other products on Amazon here.
What is your typical skincare routine for summer?!