I’m sharing #Curél in my life as part of a Curél sponsored series for Socialstars™.
It’s funny right? Blake and I share a skincare routine? She might definitely look just like Marcus…I mean no denying who’s kid she is, but unfortunately she got my skin. I would give her that.. 😉 HA! So yeah, we share a skincare routine, at least part of it. I talked about our skin and eczema last month, here, but told y’all I would be back with tips and tricks on how we keep everything at bay.
So I won’t dive too much into our actual skin, just because I already did that and I don’t want to bore y’all too much, but for those just reading, I’ll quickly recap and say long story short, we have eczema, super dry skin. I’ve had it since I was a kid and Blake was lucky enough to inherit the same trait… 😉 So after years and years of figuring out what works for me, luckily I’ve got it pretty nailed down and it’s helped quite a bit with Blake too!
The product: Curél® HYDRA THERAPY WET SKIN MOISTURIZER
The tips and tricks:
- Curél® HYDRA THERAPY WET SKIN MOISTURIZER is literally activated by water and gets in deeper into your skin when you put it on your wet skin. So I put it on directly after we get out of the shower on both Blake and I. After her baths, I lotion her up and same with me when I shower. Then pat try a little, let it fully dry and get dressed.
- On the days that I don’t shower, because I mean –#Motherhood, ain’t nobody got time to shower everyday and if you do, I’m just really, really, jealous. I’ll take a wet wash cloth and dampen the areas that are really bad, then continue with the same Curél® HYDRA THERAPY WET SKIN MOISTURIZER, then apply elsewhere to keep my skin from breaking out in those areas.
- Blake generally bathes everyday, so hers is a lot easier to remember and actually do because you know, routine. Wouldn’t that be nice? 😉
- If I have an area that is particularly worse than another or cracking and just painful, I actually will put Curél® on pretty thick, then wrap with an ace bandage or if it’s my hands (which it generally is), I’ll just put it on thick, then put gloves on over it before bed and sleep in it.
- Stop it before it gets out of control. Obviously this is easier said than done, everyone’s skin is different, but I’ve just had years to perfect things HA! So Blake got a little lucky since we have the same genetics. So the second I see a spot or it get out of control, I up it just a little and sometimes will even lather her up morning and night.
- Routine is KEY. You can’t just use it during the times you have dry patches, it’s got to be a daily thing!
Fall is obviously the hardest time on most people’s skin. It’s just dry outside and cold and well, especially us with eczema, it just doesn’t mix well. Curél has worked really well for us, it contaims Ceramides, which helps build up the skin’s moisture barrier and since getting into the routine of everyday use, it’s been super beneficial. Plus, I know it’s prevented worse breakouts because honestly, neither one of us have had out of control spots this year yet. I will say though, give it a little time to build up and work on your skin!
Eczema Mamas, what are your best tips and tricks?!