The other day I was attempting to get ready for the day, you know just brushin’ my teeth and in comes Blake, dragging her wagon with about 15 stuffed animals in it and then her blanket and lovies in her other hand. All while yelling, asking for milk and telling me her wagon was “too heabee (heavy) Mommy”. You know, I really just needed like 30 seconds, 30 seconds to just use my Tom’s of Maine toothpaste, brush my teeth and get ready. Long story short that day ended up being a top knot, no makeup kind of day.
Well, one of the questions I get asked the most is how in the world I find time to get ready for the day while being a Mom. The answer, well most days I don’t exactly, but I have found a few ways to give me a little extra confidence boost you know so I can rock my Mom thing during the day 😉 so I figured I would share them with you.
- Tom’s of Maine Luminous White Toothpaste. It uses two types of of high cleaning silica to gently remove surface stains and help whiten! It’s ingredients are naturally derived, so if you’re interested in a natural way to whiten, this is it! You can grab it at Walmart or Target and it’s great because brushing my teeth is obviously something I do everyday, so it’s easy to add in a little somethin’ to help whiten my teeth and help me feel more confident!
- Eyelash Extensions. These are my go to treat that I do for myself every month. One because they just make me feel fancy and like I have my crap together, event when I definitely don’t. Plus it gives me the freedom to get away with little to no makeup when I’m really rushed!
- Get dressed. This is something I recently started a few months ago and honestly it’s been game changing. Now I actually pick out a nice shirt, throw on a necklace and have more of a “put together” look happening. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I might still rock leggings, but you better bet I have a cute top on. 😉
- Lipstick + Bronzer. Throwing on a good lip color and a little bronzer goes a long way and literally takes 2 minutes, if that. It gives you the perfect pop of color and a little boost of confidence!
They might be just simple little things, but they make all the difference. I’ve also found that giving Blake something to do while I get ready really helps a lot. I bought her a little makeup bag and filled it with brushes and skin colored makeup. That way while I am getting ready, she can too! I also let her brush her little teeth with me, which is actually my favorite. She gets up in my face, just like in these pictures and tries to copy everything I do while making the silliest faces. It’s seriously the best start to my morning!
A couple more reasons why I love Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste…
- They are a leading natural products company focused on oral and personal care products.
- They’ve been going for over 45 years and have invested in hundreds non nonprofit efforts by giving 10% of its profits back to organizations that support people and the planet and by encouraging employees to use 5% (12 days) of paid time to volunteer.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.