You know, I had every intention of writing a big long letter to Blake for her second birthday, something cute and you know…sappy and Mom like, but if I am being honest, lately I have barely had time to well, pee….so sorry baby girl. BUT I figured I should at least get a quick recap up of her party, let y’all know where everything is from AND give you the full DIY on that balloon garland y’all have been asking about. 😉 So let’s do this. Prepare yourself, it’s gonna be a whole lot of pictures, but then at under the pictures, links to everything and the balloon garland step by step! OH and..if you pin (on Pinterest) your favorite image from this post, then comment done in the comments I’m going to pick one of y’all to win a gift card for all the party things. 😉
Plates/Balloons/Treat boxes/party hats c/o Shop Sweet Lulu
Cake & Cupcakes: Lilly Jane’s
Sandwich Leaf Tootpicks c/o Stripes to Sparkle
Sparkle Bib c/o SmashCakeBibs
Snack Tweats c/o Ubbi
SHOP THE PARTY:
SHOP MINE & BLAKE’S OUTFIT:
THE BALLOON GARLAND DIY:
- White (or whatever color your wall is) thread
- Multiple color balloons in your choice of colors (depending on size, I would recommend anywhere from 35-50 balloons)
- Tape ( recommend clear packing tape)
- Balloon Pump
- Start by blowing up all of your balloons, this the most time consuming part, so knock it out now. I recommend using a balloon pump you know…to save your breath. 😉 HA! Trust me, it’s worth the $8 on Amazon. Grab it, here. You’ll want to blow each and every one up a different size and leave about 8-10 small ones!
- Once you have your balloons all blown up and tied, you’ll start tying them again onto the thread. Leave about 2 ft of thread at the end to use to hang, then tie the balloons onto the thread. You’ll want to push each balloon (carefully and slowly) into the other so that they get the “bunched” look.
- I generally do about 3-4 big balloons, add in a small one, then another 3-4 balloons, small one, etc. Once you have all the balloons added in how you want them you’ll most likely have a couple of “gaps”. That’s okay — we will fix those in a minute.
- Next, leave another 2 feet of thread on the other end and cut it. Now, you get to hang it. 😉 This is the easy part. I recommend taping it using the excess thread on both ends, then once in the middle either by taping the thread or double side taping a balloon to the wall directly, this way it just gives it more of a “wave” look on the wall!
- Now, the gaps. Grab a few extra “small” balloons and again, double side tape and tape them in where the gaps are to the other balloons already attached!
- Greenery, finish it off by simply sticking in greenery wherever you think it’ll look good. My motto for this part is, less is more. Don’t go too crazy with the greenery. As you can see I only used 7 pieces.
- YOU DID IT! NOW PARTY.
THE VIDEO RECAP:
This post contains affiliate links.