So I asked y’all on Insta-stories this morning what post you wanted to see on the blog today. Well, I had quite a few of y’all ask for the same thing — date night ideas and to share our favorite date nights! So here I am and honestly, I’m trying to figure out why I haven’t shared a post on this before. I’m having one of those moments where I’m like, are you kidding me? DUH. If I had just thought of this post before it would’ve solved one of my many cases of serious writer’s block. HA!
Anyways, y’all don’t want to hear me ramble about how annoying writer’s block is, SO let’s talk about date nights people.
If I’m being honest, Marcus and I are terrible at date nights. BUT….we do try to go at least once a week, though it’s not always a success, ha! And….most of our date nights consist of sitting on the couch watching Netflix, but hey? We have done some really fun things so I’ll share the fun things and you can decide if you want to do those or just “Netflix & Chill” 😉
- MOVIE & DINNER: Obviously this is self explanatory and well probably the most common of date nights, BUT it’s fun to grab food and then hold hands and be cute in a movie theater. Who am I kidding though, my hand is in the popcorn tub not in his hand. Sorry babe.
- BOWLING: Laugh all you want, but it’s actually really fun BUT make sure to order fries so that obviously you can eat AND bowl because what would a date night be without food?
- MASSAGES: I mean obviously we’re not made of money so this isn’t a frequent thing, but we have done it a few times and it’s been the best! Couples massages for the friggin’ win people!
- GAME NIGHT: Yeah, Marcus and I have been known to get hardcore into a game of scrabble together, it’s fine. It’s actually a lot of fun though. We also lot game nights with other couple friends…however now that I think about it, I think we may have scared most of them off….because we haven’t hung out with other “couple friends” in a long time. HAHA!
- CONCERT OR COMEDY SHOW: We have been to a lot of comedy nights together and it’s probably one of my favorite things to do! He actually proposed to me after a comedy show 😉 We love going to them though. Concerts are also a good idea — but you have to find the right ones, or you just have to really love your spouse and suck it up and go to a screamo concert with them….not that I’ve had to do that or anything…
- SALSA DANCING: Fine. I’m lying — we’ve never done this, but it’s literally on my to do list and I have begged him since we were dating. Maybe one day people, one day.
- WALK AROUND: Some of the best date nights we’ve had are when we literally just walked around the park or downtown, ate some ice cream and just talked. It was a cheap, easy, date night but the best.
- MAKE FONDUE: This was obviously an at home date, but we do love going to Melting Pot (you’re lucky if you have one in your area 😉 ) for dessert and fondue sometimes! However, it is also pretty fun to make your own at home and then eat it on the couch in your living room because well, we’re reallll classy like that.
- GROCERY SHOPPING: Wait what? That’s not a thing. Whoops.
- BE TOURISTY: One time we hit the farmer’s market, checked out some fun spots in our local town and just made a day of it. Fine, we did have Blake with us — but I mean, it would make a really great day date too people.
- BONFIRE OUTBACK: This was actually pretty recent but so fun. We made a bonfire after Blake went to bed, roasted marshmallows and just talked. Also, I ate like 8 s’mores so that might explain why all this working out isn’t paying off yet…
Things I learned while making this: holy cow we’re really lame and should probably step up our dating game. SO I am implementing something fun starting now, y’all can join me if you want or you can just be like you’re annoying and that’s lame. It’s fine. Twice a month, we’re going to do try to do a date night that we’ve never done before! Might as well try new things and make em’ fun, am I right?