When I was pregnant with Blake I remember there being a HUGE long list of all the must have items for a newborn. I kid you not there was probably over a hundred things on the list. I must have accumulated most of them through purchases and gifts because before I knew it her tiny nursery was so full it was unreal. I probably had 10 different kinds of soaps, 4 different brands of diapers, 300 bodysuits 😉 and everything else in between. Honestly, I remember feeling totally overwhelmed. So today, I’m sharing five REALISTIC, must have items for newborns. One of them being a really great skincare set from Mustela that I can’t wait to show y’all and that I happen to be giving one away of at the end of this post 😉
THE MUST HAVES:
- Mustela Newborn Arrival Set – My little one has really sensitive skin and Mustela works really well with it. It’s gentle, but cleansing and moisturizing at the same time. This is the perfect set to start with. It includes everything you need for your babe’s skin and to begin this journey into Motherhood. It includes their Diaper Rash Cream, Foam Shampoo, Hydra Bebe Lotion, Cleansing water and Cleansing gel.
- MamaRoo – This was game changing for us when Blake was a baby. I”ll let you in on a secret though, she loved the BounceRoo just as much. So either one is a hit in out book, but if I had to choose I would recommend the MamaRoo for newborns!
- Velcro Swaddles – Blake was a swaddle escape master, so we had to use velcro swaddles pretty much from day one, plus they were easier! Here’s a few of my favs:
- Dr. Brown’s Bottles – Whether you’re breastfeeding, pumping or formula feeding, these bottles are where it’s at and honestly we’re game changing. We tried about 10 different bottles before we found the one she loved and Dr. Brown’s was it!
- Solly Wrap – If you want to be able to hold your baby and have two hands, this will become your best friend 😉 I wore Blake in this until she was literally 8+ months old, she loved it, slept in it all the time as a newborn and it allowed me to get way more done!
- Rock N’ Play – We used this for our bassinet and it was honestly perfect. It was the perfect height next to our bed, had a slight incline with helped with her acid reflux and it even had a vibration setting for those long nights where you need a little extra help. Plus, the price point is perfect!
SHOP ALL THE MUST HAVE ITEMS:
MORE ON THE MUSTELA NEWBORN KIT:
In case you couldn’t tell we’re obsessed, so I wanted to just chat about this for a little bit longer, then we will dive into the giveaway of one! One thing that I love so much about Mustela’s newborn kit is that all of the products are literally, specifically designed for a newborn’s skin, not to mention it happens to make the perfect baby shower gift. This meaning it’s going to be gentle on their skin, but good enough to keep them clean and great enough to protect it all. I use their Diaper rash cream once a day for Blake because she’s just prone to diaper rashes and it’s made a world of differences. I usually put it on every night with her nighttime diaper and her little bum stays clear and rash free. The lotion has been great for us from day one as well, putting it on after bath time with their Foaming Soap, it keeps her skin moisturized, smelling good and free of dry patches.
They have so many good products, here are a few of our favs:
NOW, GIVEAWAY TIME:
Enter below for the chance to win a Newborn Arrival Gift Set:
A big thanks to Mustela for sponsoring this post!