Having my sister here this week has inspired me to be well, Chef Jess. Kidding–Party extraordinaire Jess. 😉 No but really, I did throw a super great family brunch and it was the best. It’s not often that we are all together, under the same roof, at the same time, so it caused for a celebration. I ran around like a crazy person, hit the store at 10PM the night before and did my best to make delicious food for all of us. Thankfully we had fairlife ultra-filtered chocolate milk to wash down any of the bad tastes because well, I might know how to put the best tablescape together, but I’m definitely not the greatest cook around.
I kept it fairly simple though and thankfully, things didn’t get too messed up. I did buy the wrong potatoes, but hey, it ended up being a good thing and the egg casserole tasted even better 😉 I kept with waffles, delicious fruit toppings, bacon and egg/egg casserole. For drinks I went all out with the best of fairlife ultra-filtered milk; whole, low fat and chocolate. Seriously, have you had their chocolate milk? It’s a like a delicious (healthy) fudgesicle! My entire family talked about it for a good 10 minutes, finished one of the bottles and then I had to pull out the second. I’m a big fan of their milk for several reasons, but two main ones; their filtration system and the fact that they keep such key nutrients in the milk and the taste–I mean you’re literally getting real food nutrients in something that tastes well! You can’t argue with that.
Now, for all my brunch loving, party throwing, tablescape obsessed friends, let’s talk a few of my best tips and tricks of the trade.
- Less is more. You’ve heard the saying, same thing goes for a small party or a large one, but especially the tablescape! A simple runner, some flowers and a pop of color in the napkins on the plates will make it look perfect.
- Add some color. I love white everything and tablescapes look great with a whole lot of white, but they definitely need a pop of color. Either in the napkins or a few floral pieces, sometimes even both!
- Set the table a few hours before, if you’re really feeling adventurous, the night before. It’s the best part of the entire party and the easiest part to do. Don’t wait until the last minute to do the tablescape because well–food is time consuming and you don’t want to have to worry about the easy part when you’re rushing to finish other details!
- Buy fairlife ultra-filtered milk, for really any occasion as far as I’m concerned. It’s perfect for brunch, a s’mores party, dessert, a birthday party, I mean literally anything and it’s easy and sells itself! Trust me people will LOVE it.
Oh and I have one more thing for you because well, breakfast casserole people and I actually made a really good one! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup fairlife whole milk
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cups shredded cheese
- 1 bag of Diced frozen potatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- ½ cup butter
- Set oven to pre-heat at 400 degrees.
- Scramble eggs and lightly fry potatoes in butter until they reach a golden brown in a frying pan.
- Pour potatoes in a small baking pan, then add eggs on top, sprinkle on diced peppers, add a few shakes of garlic and onion powder.
- Slowly pour in fairlife ultra-filtered whole milk until it rests at the bottom of the pan.
- Top with cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with a glass of fairlife ultra-filtered chocolate milk and enjoy!
What’s your favorite thing to pair with fairlife ultra-filtered milk for a party, a brunch, a celebration!?
A big thanks to fairlife for sponsoring this post!
Learn more about fairlife and why we love it so much, here.